The Ultimate James Bond List – GoldenEye (1995)
Welcome to the modern era of James Bond films as Pierce Brosnan suits up for a more action style adventure. Grab those martinis and prepare yourself for an Ultimate List that may surprise you. Also for this month only, look out for the Bonus Round.
Find all the previous Reviews and Ultimate List by clicking here or having a look at the drop down (James Bond) menu above.
007 – Each time the Bond theme song is heard.
1. Gun barrel sequence
2. Leaving the toilets in the facility
3. Heard faintly and briefly during the title song
4. Briefly heard with in the military archives and escaping gunfire
5. “Trust me.” as Bond pulls off his belt
6. After using the grappling hook belt and kicking a military officer
7. Just after escaping the archives and seeing as Natalya is being escorted by Ourumov
8. Smashing through the brick wall in the Tank
9. Heard again during the Tank sequence just as the police and military vehicles crash
10. Faintly heard before crashing into the Perrier truck
11. When the flying horse statue is on top of the Tank
12. As Ouromov arrives at Janus’ train with Natalya
You Know My Name – Bond, James Bond count. When it is said by Bond himself.
1. Introducing himself to Xenia Onatopp
Felix Leiter – If James Bond smokes on screen.
Nobody Does It Better – Whenever Bond beds a woman, implied of course.
1. The female evaluator in the Aston Martin DB5
2. Natalya Simonova on the train tracks after the train explodes(?)
3. Natalya Simonova on the beach
4. Natalya Simonova in bed
Shaken, Not Stirred – All alcoholic beverages Bond consumes.
1. Bourbon with M in her office
Licence To Kill – Every kill caused by Bond himself directly.
1 – 8 Soviet military guard with a stolen machine gun
9. Shooting the motorbike guard
10 – 17 Russian military officer with a machine gun
18 – 20 Russian military officer with a machine gun in the archives
21. Shooting Ouromov on Janus’ train
22. Helicopter pilot with Xenia’s machine gun
23. Xenia by clipping the cord to her and crushing her against the tree
24 – 25 Janus’ guard by shooting him
Aston Martin DB5 – Any and all modes of transport Bond travels by.
1. Single engine plane on the first attempt to hijack it
2. Motorbike on the runway
3. Single engine plane away from the facility
4. Aston Martin DB5 through the hills in Monte-Carlo
5. Aston Martin DB5 arriving at the Casino
6. Speed boat heading for the military battleship
7. Airplane into St. Petersburg
8. Jack Wade’s car from Airport to meet Zukovsky
9. Xenia’s Mercedes to the meeting place with Janus
10. Tiger helicopter ejector cockpit with Natalya
11. Russian military vehicles to the military archives
12. Military tank in St. Petersburg while pursuing Ourumov’s car
13. BMW Z3 Roadster with Natalya in Puerto Rico
14. Single engine plane with Natalya flying over Cuba
15. Helicopter escaping the exploding Satellite Dish
16. Helicopter leaving Cuba with Jack and Natalya
I Never Joke About My Work – Any gadget Bond uses in the field provided by Q branch.
1. Leather belt with grappling hook in the military archives to swing across the gap
2. BMW Z3 driving in Puerto Rico
3. BMW Z3 Radar display
4. Sticky bomb by placing it near the leaking flammable liquid
5. Grenade pen that Boris uses and Bond tosses away to blow up the base
I Have A Dinner Jacket – Whenever Bond wears a tuxedo.
1. Gun barrel sequence
2. Casino in Monte-Carlo
For Queen and Country – All locations visited by 007
1. USSR (Russia/Soviet Union)
2. Monte-Carlo, Monaco
3. London, England
4. St. Petersburg, Russia
5. Puerto Rico
Yes, I Know, Don’t Tell Me – Any chase 007 finds himself involved in.
1. Bond on foot being chased by the two motorbike guards
2. Bond in the Aston Martin chasing Xenia Onatopp in her Ferrari
3. Bond and Natalya on foot in the archives being chased by the military
4. In the Tank, Bond chasing after Natalya
5. Bond being chased by Travelyan while trying to ambush the Satellite Dish
Ninja Training – Any team vs team shoot out with each team being greater than 10 members.
Bonus Round – Any time Sean Bean appears to die on screen
1. When Ouromov shoots 006 in the head
2. Bond dropping Travelyan onto the Satellite dish
3. Travelyan being crushed by the falling Satellite railways
James Bond will return in Tomorrow Never Dies