The Ultimate James Bond List – The Living Daylights (1987)
A new era of James Bond arrives with Timothy Dalton bringing a hard edge to the 007 franchise. Follow the list and watch The Living Daylights to let me know if there is anything I’ve missed. Otherwise, turn off the lights, and bring the chair.
Find all the previous Reviews and Ultimate List by clicking here or having a look at the drop down (James Bond) menu above.
007 – Each time the Bond theme song is heard.
1. Opening gun barrel scene
2. Faintly heard while parachuting into
3. When he first turns to camera
4. Before the monkey jump scare
5. Chasing the assassin in Gibraltar
6. Heard throughout the chase sequence in Gibraltar
7. “Bond, James Bond”
8. “Cheer up, Saunders.”
9. “I had a few optional extras installed.”
10. While riding in the cello case
11. While sneaking into Whitaker’s compound
You Know My Name – Bond, James Bond count. When it is said by Bond himself.
1. Introducing himself to the woman on the sail boat
Felix Leiter – If James Bond smokes on screen.
1. In Q’s lab
2. At the safe house when Koskov is talking
Nobody Does It Better – Whenever Bond beds a woman, implied of course.
1. Woman on the sail boat off the coast of Gibraltar
2. Kara Milvoy after her performance in her dressing room
Shaken, Not Stirred – All alcoholic beverages Bond consumes.
1. Vodka Martini in the hotel room with Kara
Licence To Kill – Every kill caused by Bond himself directly.
1. Assassin in the truck explosion off the cliff of Gibraltar
2. Necros by dropping him from the rear of the plane
3. Dropping a bomb on the Tank driver
4. Dropping a bomb on the Tank gunner
5. Dropping a bomb on the Tank diver
6. Dropping a bomb on the Tank gunner
7. Whitaker by dropping a statue on him
Aston Martin DB5 – Any and all modes of transport Bond travels by.
1. Lockheed Hercules before parachuting out
2. Parachute onto Gibraltar (?)
3. Stolen Land-Rover in Gibraltar
4. Sail boat off the coat
5. Parachute out of the Land-Rover (?)
6. Taxi to the Symphony
7. Audi 200 when transporting Koskov
8. Audi 200 when picking up Saunders at the boarder
9. Audi 200 when leaving the Boarder
10. Aston Martin V8 arriving at the safe house
11. Aston Martin V8 leaving the safe house
12. Tram after leaving Kara’s performance
13. Aston Martin V8 leaving Kara’s apartment
14. Aston Martin V8 leaving the conservatoire
15. Cello case down the mountain into Austria
16. Truck to Vienna
17. Horse and cart to the hotel in Vienna
18. Audi following General Pushkin’s car
19. Car to Felix’s boat
20. Ambulance van to the airfield
21. Lockheed Hercules from Tangier to Afghanistan/Russian airbase
22. Plane cart off of the Russian airbase
23. Horse to Mujahideen’s base
24. Horse to the meeting place
25. Army truck to Russian Airbase
26. Lockheed Hercules from Afghanistan/Russian Airbase
27. Jeep out of the Hercules
I Never Joke About My Work – Any gadget Bond uses in the field provided by Q branch.
1. Aston Martin V8 – Laser cuter ripping the police car apart
2. Aston Martin V8 – Missiles blowing up the trailer
3. Aston Martin V8 – Bullet proof glass protection from the police
4. Aston Martin V8 – Outrigger escaping the lake
5. Aston Martin V8 – Tire spikes escaping the lake
6. Aston Martin V8 – Rocket motor jumping over the army patrol
7. Aston Martin V8 – Self destruct while leaving the car
8. Keyring – Stun gas on the jail guards
9. Keyring – Explosive charge on the statue against Whitaker
10. Keyring – Tone finder in Kara’s dressing room
I Have A Dinner Jacket – Whenever Bond wears a tuxedo.
1. Opening gun barrel
2. At the Symphony
3. At the opera with Kara
4. After Kara’s performance
For Queen and Country – All locations visited by 007.
2. Bratislava, Czechoslovakia
4. London, England
5. Bratislava, Czechoslovakia
6. Vienna, Austria
7. Tangier, Morocco
9. Tangier, Morocco
Yes, I Know, Don’t Tell Me – Any chase 007 finds himself involved in.
1. Chasing the Assassin on foot vs jeep, and then jumping on the jeep
2. In the Aston Martin being chased by the police and army
3. In the Cello case with Kara down the mountain with the army chasing
4. On foot, Bond escaping the police after Pushkin’s death
5. Bond in the Hercules being chased by Koskov and Necros in an army truck
Ninja Training – Any team vs team shoot out with each team being greater than 10 members.
1. Afghan resistance vs the Russian army in Afghanistan
James Bond will return in Licence To Kill