The Ultimate James Bond List – The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
A true return to form for Roger Moore in his third outing as James Bond 007. Come and follow along in this, surprising Ultimate List for The Spy Who Loved Me. Pull on your dinner jacket and get that martini ready.
Find all the previous Reviews and Ultimate List by clicking here or having a look in the dropdown menu above.
007 – Each time the Bond theme song is heard.
1. Opening gun barrel sequence
2. “Messaged received. Over and out.” Ski slopes
3. Just before the first kill on the slopes
4. As the union jack parachute opens
5. While searching for Jaws
6. Faintly heard when first seeing General Gogol in the MI6 HQ in Egypt
7. Lotus Esprit driving out of the ocean onto the beach
8. While sitting on the remote security camera
9. Riding the Wet Bike to the Atlantis
10. Taking the elevator to see Stromberg in the Atlantis
You Know My Name – Bond, James Bond count. When it is said by Bond himself.
1. Introducing himself at the Mujaba Club to Mr. Kalba
Felix Leiter – If James Bond smokes on screen.
Nobody Does It Better – Whenever Bond beds a woman, implied of course.
1. “When one is in Egypt, one should delve deeply into its treasures.” Heavily implied with Egyptian native
2. Anya Amasova on the train ride
3. “Keeping the British end up, Sir.” Anya in the escape pod
Shaken, Not Stirred – All alcoholic beverages Bond consumes.
1. Vodka Martini at the Mujaba Club
Licence To Kill – Every kill caused by Bond himself directly.
1. Triple X’s lover on the slopes in Austria
2. Sandor by knocking him off the roof in Egypt
3. Naomi in the helicopter via a rocket
4. Scuba Thug via rocket torpedo
5. Scuba Thug via impact from Lotus Esprit
6 – 7. Stromberg’s thug with harpoon gun
8 – 10. Stromberg’s thug with machine gun
11 – 31. Stromberg’s crew with explosive detonator
32. Karl Stromberg with the Walther PPK
Aston Martin DB5 – Any and all modes of transport Bond travels by.
1. Skis down the slopes
2. Helicopter to the Royal Navy base
3. Camel in Egypt
4. Telephone Service van to the desert
5. Telephone Service van out of the desert
6. Sail boat to Cairo
7. Train to Sardinia
8. Horse carriage to the docks
9. Lotus Esprit to the Hotel
10. Motor boat to the Atlantis
11. Lotus Esprit around Sardinia
12. Helicopter to American Submarine U.S.S. Wayne
13. American Submarine U.S.S. Wayne
14. Monorail in the Liparus
15. American Submarine U.S.S. Wayne
16. Wet Bike to the Atlantis
17. Escape Pod from the Atlantis
18. Royal Navy ship, still inside the escape pod
I Never Joke About My Work – Any gadget Bond uses in the field provided by Q branch.
1. Rear mud ejector – Lotus Esprit
2. Underwater conversation – Lotus Esprit
3. Rocket – Lotus Esprit
4. Torpedo Rocket – Lotus Esprit
5. Wet Bike
I Have A Dinner Jacket – Whenever Bond wears a tuxedo.
1. Opening gun barrel sequence
2. At the Mujaba Club with Triple X
For Queen and Country – All locations visited by 007
2. Scotland, UK (gathered from IMDB)
4. Sardinia, Italy
Yes, I Know, Don’t Tell Me – Any chase 007 finds himself involved in.
1. KGB spies down the slopes on skis
2. Motorcycle chasing Bond in the Lotus
3. Jaw in a car chasing Bond in the Lotus
4. Naomi in the Helicopter chasing Bond in the Lotus
Ninja Training – Any team vs team shoot out with each team being greater than 10 members.
1. The Navy officers vs Stromberg’s men in the Liparus
James Bond will return in Moonraker